Thursday, March 17, 2005

Tekong Camp Vs Nee Soon Camp

Sometimes I really don't understand... We're all workers getting a paid salary to maintain a certain standard of living, but why must some behave so XXXXXXly (cannot find a word to describe) towards others of the same working level?

Example: Happily drafting proposal away, I heard boss1 barking at a fellow colleague, and so I web-smsed colleague.

Mayo: wah lau.. why he so bad mood slammed the phone on you??
Colleague: it's not directed at me, it's the client's fault*
Mayo:but not so nice for him to shout at you ma.. like a dog..
Mayo:he's always so easily worked up
Colleague: (really cant remember exact msg but something with the effect to the fact that it's not directed at him)
Mayo: not directed at you? U are so docile.. haha.. docile SNAG..
Colleague: You don't know the story so don't judge that he was shouting at me. His frustration was not directed to me. I don't understand you also, and why these things bother you? Should I quit and shout back?
Mayo: I don't know the story and i'm not interested to know. But just wondering how you can take it that he barked at you like that.. But looks like..
Mayo: looks like u dun mind at all.. oh well.. sometimes don't understand u.. as long as u're happy! hua hi tio ho!

* not stated in exact words, cos I was so mad after that, I deleted the smses.

In the first fucking place, I was trying to be nice to make small talk. And even if I don't know the full story, the conversation started off with me merely exclaiming that the superior shouldn't shout at an employee like this. The last time I heard was him bark like this, was at SC (who has left by the way). Sorry if I'm wrong, but this is a democratic society, and we don't owe anyone a living, not even if we're getting paid a million bucks a month. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, one lesson I learnt from this episode is - Never take it for granted that people will be grateful for your concern. And never assume everyone is from the same camp as you.

Now I truly understand why others tell me to watch out for the person from the other camp.

**By the way, I love it that I've finally have a space I can express my feelings... : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home