Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Dua Pek Gong Night

Have you heard about/felt the tremors from the North Sumatra quake last night?? What quake you may ask, and I absolutely echo your thoughts. Anyway, would like to share with you what happened last night:

(1.07am, house phone rings)
Me: (scrambles in the dark for phone) Ha...l..l...o...
Hubby: Hallo!! Darling!! Are you ok??
Me: (tired voice) Wat you mean? I sleeping mah..
Hubby: Got EARTHQUAKE leh.. Everybody is standing along Tanjong Rhu Rd now!!
Me: (vision of walking dead along Tanjong Rhu Rd) Huh? What they doing there?

Hubby: I'm driving home now, I'm serious! There was an earthquake, didn't u feel it?
Me: No? Don't bluff la...
Hubby: Really! Go look out the window..
Me: (reaches for specs, climbed out of bed, walked to balcony, drew curtain open) Nothing what!
Hubby: Really la!! I asked the security guard, he say earthquake in N. Sumatra, everyone so scared ran downstairs.. Then I asked him where's my wife.. He say.. 'Sir, no see your wife leh'.. Knn.. so U still sleeping like a pig...
Me: (silence)
Hubby: For a moment I thought everyone was standing outside becos of some Dua Pek Gong night.. you know... bai4 bai4 at night..
Me: =_="

* I swear I didn't feel a shit, neither did my 2 dogs stir at all.. wtf...

5 Comments:

Blogger JayWalk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:36 AM  
Blogger JayWalk said...

Paiseh. Didn't get it right the first time.

Second attempt... -_-"

Hey, just stumbled onto your blog from IniQxº.

Nice start to the blog so far. Do keep writing. Will be returning often from now on.

Cheers. (",)

Jaywalk
http://voxeros.blog-city.com

3:41 AM  
Blogger edel said...

lol!! hey i finally got my ass down to start my blog and join in ur 'start work liao so many things to grumble no place to write and start a blog and den i can comment too" family.

anyway i SO TOTALLY CAN IMAGINE U SLEEPING LIKE A PIG LOR! haha but hor i felt nothing too.. and worse i din know abt any quake until i read off someone else's newspaper (YES I DO THAT!) on the mrt. haha

5:11 AM  
Blogger IniQx said...

edeline-san! can i link u up? =P anyway, ms mayonnaise, (damn! i have prob spelling mayonnaise in full) it's not surprising that u din felt a single thing & edeline-san, u too. =x i tot i was giddy & sick & wanted to zao geng MC bck then...hahaha!

8:08 AM  
Blogger mayonnaise said...

Ha.. Ya! I'm so oppressed by society (& peers) that I had to start a blog! Everyone's doing it ma. Actually I don't expect an audience to my blog, but thanks for your encouragement voxeros..

Edel.. I cant wait to read your grumbles too :P

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home