Friday, April 15, 2005

Athletic Chicken Leg

Back from my meeting, thankfully all went well and she's pretty impressed with my ideas. *phew* With this load off my shoulders, I feel 10 kg lighter!

Anyway, I promised to give you more examples of bad English so now I shall deliver my promises. Jo and I used to have this guy friend (forgot his name leh, let's call him BEG "Bad English Guy") who was more than interested in her. Although she wasn't sooooo into him, he was quite an ok entertainer so we do go out on shopping trips with BEG.

So one day we were shopping at Taka toys department, he was shopping for something for someone (I think):

BEG: Ay, look at this towel...
Jo & I: (looked at him pointing at a blue Hello Kitty towel) Ya...
BEG: The 25th (pronounced: twenty-fiveth) anniversary word on it very ugly.
Jo & I: (being the meanies that we were, cos we wanted to hear him wrong again) What?
BEG: That one lor, the TWENTY-FIVETH anniversary words, so ugly..
Jo & I: (*roll eyes*)

Another example of bad English from the very same BEG, this time I was not there:

Jo: (having difficulties with her meal of chicken leg)
BEG: Come let me help you.. (tries to tear Jo's chicken leg apart)
BEG: Waaa.. This chicken meat are very tough, last time confirm athletical.
Jo: ?!?!? (mentally taking note so that she can gossip with me later, made a fake "I wanna buy a drink" and quickly made a right turn to call me)

HOW CAN ANYONE'S ENGLISH BE SO BAD?????????????????

I can list more examples.. But I'm not so mean *smiles sweetly*

Interested in some funnies-on-the-job stories? Check this out (from my mean partner-in-crime)!

1 Comments:

Blogger JayWalk said...

Aiyoh... you is so bad heart to be making fun of BEG's more worser engrish.

:P

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home