Monday, April 11, 2005

I'll be a frog no more!

Ladies and gentlemen, let me formally announce this piece of good news to one and all. I've successfully undergone a Lasik surgery to correct my -6.00 per eye myopia and is now a proud (and pretty! and poor!) owner of a pair of +25 (long-sightedness) healthy eyes! Oh, don't worry cos the longsightedness is temporary and will stabilise in time!

And for you who are still in myopic tragedy, please, PLEASE, PLEASE! go for it! Albeit it's expensive, scary, painful (yes, everyone lied to me abt the pain "Oh! Not pain one la!") etc. But if you were to weigh the pros and cons, think it's worth every miserable cent.

Shall I proceed to terrify everyone with what went on during the surgery? Muahahhahahaha....

Scary Points:
1. You can see every bit of what's going on.
2. You wish to close your eyes, but cannot. (duh)
3. You can smell the smell of eye burning.
4. I could see smoke rising from my eyeball.
5. You can struggle, but it won't work. My doc was holding my head like it was a durian.
6. I told my doc that it hurt when he inserted the "eye-opener" but maybe he didn't hear me.
7. I have 2 eyes.
8. They needed payment before the surgery because all they want is my money I may not see very well after the op.

And now for my new-found happiness..

Happy Points:
1. No more dry eyes with contact lens.
2. No more specs marks on my nose.
3. No more migraine that comes with wearing my specs too long.
4. No more scrambling to toilet to put on my lens before I go for meetings.
5. No more messing up of my dressing table with all my lens barang-barang.
6. No more paying for specs/lens/solutions.
7. Pretty big eyes (big pretty eyes? Eyes pretty big?) with mascara *wink*
8. NO MORE LOOKING LIKE A FROG / AUNTIE

My darlings, if you got the moolah, just do it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home