Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A day in the life of Lim Teh Peng

Hi everyone! I'm alone in the office yet again.. (But it's ok cos it's only 8.13am now) I love to be alone in the office.. Quiet.. No dragons breathing down my neck, no arrows waiting to strike my back.. Seems like blogging has become my morning activity, well, I call that making full use of my time as I'm having my breakfast of fried noodle and Teh Peng (I'm not called Lim Teh Peng for nothing.. haha) at the same time.

Anyway, I was looking through Friendster yesterday, and realised many of my polymates went on to become Singapore Gals. Not to mention that 3 of my close friends are also SGs. So I msn-msged Auntie Shir (who is my polymate turned colleague sitting behind me in the office) and exclaimed this fact, and she replied, "That's because they're pretty!"

It's not that I never thought of joining that trade, and it's also not that "ooooh, I luurrrrrrve flying and meeting people", but very honestly, I did try interviewing for that (courtesy of Trista who asked, persuaded, and begged me to accompany her, who eventually went on to become a successful one).

Looking back, that was a little more than a year ago, when I hit a deadend in my so-called career path and not knowing what to do next. But nevertheless, I was too short so didn't make the cut. Haha, waste my blardy time. But look, if I had made it, I'll probably would not be who I am now.

Anyway, ending up as an AE was probably what I wanted in school. But after a while, things get stagnant, work becomes standardised and you start wondering where's the freaking passion again. Proposing, presenting, and winning pitches are no longer exciting to me. *yawn* Not sure if it's like that for every job, every industry, but I'm definitely feeling I'm getting nowhere in life. Do you feel this way too?

Big sigh. We're all God's puppets maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home