Wednesday, April 27, 2005

My bed overwrites my desire

I'm back.. After being bedridden for the past 2 days that is. I meant to blog earlier, I really did.. But pain and laziness have kept me from switching on my pc. *yawn* sleeping too much will morph you into a pig..

Anyway, for those clueless, I did a minor surgery on my abdomen on Monday morning. It was just like in those serials on hospitals.. Bright flourescent lights, steel-cold metal beds, and hard as a rock pillow. As it was a day surgery ward, it was brrrrr-cold. I was just hoping for the anaesthetist to start fast and let me get on with blardy life.

And so, I was wheeled in (on a bed!) to the operation theatre (!!) at around 12noon, clad in grumpy hospital gown and droopy shower cap (how else do u call it). A doctor dressed almost the same as me (different gown print) came in, put on his surgical gloves (lightly powdered, the box said) and introduced himself to me.

Doc: Hi I'm Dr Tee, your anaesthetist for this surgery
Me: (looks into his eyes) ok
Doc: I'm going to prepare you before Prof Wong works on u
Me: Who's Prof Wong??
Doc: Your doctor Prof Wong.
Me: My doctor is not Prof Wong -_-"
Nurse in background: NO NO.. Her doc is Stephen Chew, Dr Stephen Chew
Me: (thoughts) Wah piang.. This Dr Tee kan blur.. ;P

Anyway, 3 mins later, Dr Chew came in wearing the gown too, showing off biceps fair as white-cut chicken, that has probably never seen the sun in the past 20 years. Shivering and totally not looking like a surgeon, it made me wonder what shit I've gotten myself into.

In any case, at this exact moment, a nurse gave me a mask and told me to take deep breaths of the oxygen... Mmmm... Quite shiok! From the corner of my eye, I saw Dr Blur Cock adding in some clear liquid into my drip. Operation lights start to dance... and the rest is history.

The anaesthetic has long worn off, and my abdomen screams blardy murder each time I attempt to make any movements. When I told Dr White Chicken that my tummy hurts like hell, he looked at me and said I looked so poor-thing (!!??) and told me to take a rest and winked at me. WHAT DA HELL!

Anyway, when I'm bored of lying on my back, I naturally turned left, and felt my insides all whoooooosh to the left. Bad choice. So turned back flat. Tried to turn right. Whooooosh to the right. SHIT. I better lie flat.

Now I'm stuck at home with no lunch in sight. Sigh! Anyone willing to tabao for me? ;P

6 Comments:

Blogger JayWalk said...

Oh dear, sounds like a lot of discomfort.

Rest well and wishing you a speedy recovery.

4:44 AM  
Blogger IniQx said...

piangs! u still have the energy to wake up @ 9am+++ to write the entry? *kowtows*

7:48 AM  
Blogger IniQx said...

ahhh...good qns. we gotta wait till she's feeling better right? im wrking this coming Mayday long weekend but getting my PH on 4th May & a half day on the 5th (both weekdays tho). after that, i'll be off to Bangkok. How bout the Vesak Day breakie? i'm not wrking....

12:14 PM  
Blogger IniQx said...

oops. sorry...the Vesak Day breakie is out. i forgot i have something on.

11:38 AM  
Blogger mayonnaise said...

Shav.. Off to bangkok??? *cries* Put me in ur luggage pls.. So how? When to my place? Edeline-san has been the only one coming to my place!

Thanks Jaywalk for ur concern :)

8:25 PM  
Blogger IniQx said...

ohh i din tell u? i tot you'd have read it off my blog. hehehe...anyhow, yes moi will be flying on a Tiger to BKK frm 12 - 15 May. anything specific u wan frm there?

wat days are ok for u? weekdays or weekends? im not wrking any of the sundays for the remaining mth. ;)

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home